WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name and e-mail address, when you (or other customers) provide it to us when using our Services. We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you use our online Services: Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us to track users’ movements around our online Services and to understand trends.
We may assign your computer or device one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our online Services and to personalize your online experience.
We may use standard Internet tools, such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our online Services and enables us to customize our online Services and advertisements.
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with: Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf; Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our Services; and Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our customers.
We may share aggregated, non-personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and others.
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
HOW DO WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
You deserve the fastest, safest and most enjoyable shopping experience possible. To give you just that, we may use information that you provide to us in the following manner:
- Service.We may use your IIHI to assist you in your hearing needs, as well as, disclose your IIHI to others involved in your care. For example, we will use your audiogram and customer questionnaire to recommend an appropriate hearing aid for you. We may use your IIHI to communicate with you by phone, mail or email regarding your questions and orders. We may also disclose your IIHI to other individuals or companies including hearing aid manufacturers for purposes related to your hearing needs. For example, we may share audiogram and customer questionnaire information with a hearing aid manufacturer to build or program a hearing aid for you.
- Payment.We may use and disclose your IIHI in order to bill and collect payment for services and items received from us. We may provide your insurer with details regarding your hearing needs to determine if your insurer will cover, or pay for, your treatment. We may use and disclose your IIHI to obtain payment from third parties that may be responsible for such costs, such as family members. We may use your IIHI to bill you directly for services and items. We may disclose your IIHI to health care providers and entities to assist in their billing and collection efforts.
- Regular Business Operations.We may use and disclose your IIHI to operate our business, for example, survey you regarding the service you received from us.
- Appointment Reminders.Our company may use and disclose your IIHI to contact you and remind you of an appointment.
- Product Selection Options.Our company may use and disclose your IIHI to inform you of potential product selection options or alternatives.
- Health-Related Benefits and Services.Our company may use and disclose your IIHI to inform you of health-related benefits or services that may be of interest to you.
- Release of Information to Family/Friends.Our company may use and disclose your IIHI to family members or friends that are involved in your care or who assist in taking care of you.
- Disclosures Required By Law.Our company will use and disclose your IIHI when we are required to do so by federal, state or local law.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Vivid Hear never sells, shares or distributes your financial information such as credit card numbers or bank accounts. Vivid Hear may share its customer information with its affiliated companies. We may also share your information with our business partners when you authorize us to do so, so that you may learn more about certain hearing related products. Finally, we may share your name and address with carefully screened companies to inform you of offers that may interest you. Don’t worry about tons of useless mail. We screen each offer to be certain only reputable companies with premium products reach your door. We update our list information quarterly, which includes updated addresses and new Preferred Mail Settings.
Special Offers. Occasionally we share our customer postal mailing list with carefully screened companies whose products and services may interest you. We may receive financial compensation for sharing your name and address. Of course, if you prefer to not receive any special offers just let us know. We can set your account to one of the following three settings:
Preferred Mail Settings
Option 1 – Yes, please send me special offers from Vivid Hear, as well as, carefully selected business partners.
Option 2 – Yes, please send me special offers from Vivid Hear but not from carefully selected business partners.
Option 3 – I prefer to not receive any special offers from Vivid Hear or carefully selected business partners.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION?
Our customers normally appreciate us keeping them informed about advances in hearing products and other special offers that may benefit them. So, if you do not instruct us differently, your Preferred Mail Settings will default to Option 1.
Requesting Preferred Mail Setting Changes
If you request a change to your Preferred Mail Setting, please include your FULL name, FULL address and, if available, your account number. You may also want to include your phone number so we can call you in case we have any questions about your request. Failure to give us your full information may prevent us from updating your Preferred Mail Setting correctly. Please note: it may take six to twelve weeks to completely implement changes to your Preferred Mail Setting.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR IIHI IN CERTAIN SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES
We may disclose your IIHI to public health authorities, legal entities, research organizations, and other government entities when required.
How do we safeguard your information?
Protecting the safety of your personal information is important to us. We use a variety of technical, administrative and physical safeguards so that you can enjoy your shopping experience without having to worry about the loss of, misuse of, or unauthorized access to your information.
Vivid Hear – Security Policy
Your Financial Information is Secure with Vivid Hear.
Your financial Information is always secure because our website incorporates Secure Socket Layers (SSL). SSL is the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. SSL encrypts or masks the information you send to our website. This makes it extremely difficult for someone to “eves-drop” on your transmission.
You will know your information is secure when you see an image of a small lock in the lower right of your browser window or near the address bar. Some web browsers show a green background in their address bar as well.
Your Credit Card Number is Secure
When you use a credit card to purchase an item on our website, through the mail, over the phone or in one of our offices SSL encrypts the information keeping it secure.
In addition to SSL, when you enter your credit card number in our payment screen during the checkout process, we immediately and securely exchange your full credit card number for a “token” with our credit card processor. Tokens are also used when our company applies a charge to your credit card when processing an order that is received over the telephone, through the mail or in our offices.
A “token” is used in place of your actual credit card number. The token is only good for transactions from Vivid Hear. So, no other company or individual can use the token to apply a charge to your credit card. This keeps your credit card number extra secure!
What technologies do we use to enhance your shopping experience?
Vivid Hear makes limited use of “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transmitted to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. The data is primarily related to proper price and offer calculations. It is not stored on your computer for future visits.
Links to other web sites
Vivid Hear may offer links to other web sites. Vivid Hear is not responsible for the content or information collection policies of the other sites. If you visit another site, you should review their privacy and other policies.
What is adware? What is spyware?
Adware is software that is installed on your computer that can, for example, create pop-up advertisements or cause your browser to be redirected to other websites. We do not participate in or use third-party services that use adware. Spyware is also software that is installed on your computer that can, for example, record and transmit information regarding the websites you visit, or record or transmit your keystrokes to a third party. Spyware, like adware, is often installed without the knowledge of the person using the computer.
This Site and the products we sell are not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 18 years of age.
Who can answer questions about these policies?